I am so touched by all the texts, Facebook comments and tweets in response to my guest post today which I wrote in memory of my dad- THANK YOU.
For reasons unknown to me, my scheduled post for today did not upload properly so all of the links etc were missing so, I am reposting now. Maybe, one day I will understand all of this techno stuff…anywho, here it is my dears.
I love a list.
I write them out almost daily detailing all the stuff I need to do or get sorted and then, almost immediately, I go off task, and then later find myself stressing or complaining that I have got too much to do.
“How was your day?”*Draw long breath & sigh deeply*I just have got so much to do and I can never seem to get to the bottom of the list.I mean I have to…
I have to unblock the shower drain using only my teeth.And then I’ll need to scrub the grouting with my bare hands.After that I’ll be cutting the grass with some blunt scissors and then, if I can only make time, I might allow myself to get dressed.
- I don’t need to write on the fridge sit down with a cuppa and watch Downton on catch up (poor Lady Edith btw-what will become of her?!)
- I never need a nudge to pour a glass of red and chill with the husband and back to back Breaking Bad.
- Not a soul alive had to prompt me to book our tickets for the Santa Express WOO HOO!
- Collect dry cleaning
- Appeal stupid parking fine
- Take passport to bank to get new card because toddler hid old one.
- Write review about how glorious the new Tesco finest range is (the dark choc orange flavour almost made me climax it is so good- ah, how times change!)
- Blog about to do lists!
- Run the Liverpool 1/2 in under 17 hours
- Raise happy and well-adjusted children
- Sort out life insurance
- Write will
- Become woman that writes to do lists in a Smythson note book and stores said book in Mulberry handbag rather than the current post it in a Primarni situation.
- Learn Italian
- Become accomplished hostess/domestic goddess